Based: Hybrid - Home Based / North London
Are you an experienced Technical Engineer happy to operate in Field Service/Mobile capacity and travel as part of your job? Would you like to apply your technical experience in a varied role that incorporates Hardware, Networks, Data, and Electronics? Let Informed Recruitment help you to achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to design, deploy, and support remote sensors as part of a wide network of information used to monitor and improve services to vulnerable customers . As a specialist provider of resource to the Property & Housing Technology markets, we are delighted to be partnering with an industry renowned organisation experiencing rapid growth, making substantial investment, and offering you the opportunity to make a difference and gain experience as part of modern environment championing quality service and continual improvement.
The purpose of your role will be to work as part of the Data Analytics & IoT team to deploy, monitor, and support IoT sensors and gateways within client sites to support efficient data capture. Your day-to-day activities will include travelling to customer sites or regional offices to solve technical issues, install sensors, network design, support and deployment. You will lead on the design, development, deployment and support of both sensors and wireless wide area network, while managing and monitoring resources to aid in sensor install and associated stocks of hardware. You will build cloud software monitoring tools and processes, manage the IoT platform, network, hardware, and software, and liaise internally on all testing of solution and regular reporting.
- A technical background – Electronics, IT Infrastructure/Networks, Data Analytics, Electrical or comparable.
- An understanding of networks or networking.
- A familiarity with using software or apps and changing settings or configuration.
- Full Driving License, and a being willing and able to travel as required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
- Any Higher/Further Education or Certification in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or similarly suitable discipline.
Nice to Have / Will Strengthen Application
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Experience of LoraWAN / NB-IoT / LTE
- IOT tech experience, such as TTI / Daizy / cthings,
- Lora Wireless WAN Network/Sensors
- Azure Stream Analytics
As an individual you will be a self-starter, equally adept and motivated by taking responsibility as an individual, whilst working within a larger team and understanding how your work helps the team achieve their goals. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to perform under pressure to deliver whilst maintaining a positive customer focused approach. Alongside a competitive salary you will receive an impressive benefits package that includes excellent car allowance, mileage, pension, flexible working, generous leave entitlement, life/health insurance and professional development. This role predominantly involves travel around Hertfordshire and Essex, as well as in and out of London, but there will be an ad hoc requirement to travel further afield. Therefore, a full driving license is required for this post, as well as a relaxed attitude to travelling. If this role describes you, then please apply without delay for the opportunity to continue your career with a well-known and expanding organisation investing in their systems, staff, and customers.
Share job post