Based: Home Based/Cheshire
Have you operated as a Head of Programmes and Portfolio Lead in the past? Do you have experience delivering multiple complex programmes across Business Transformation & ICT? Let Informed Recruitment help you to achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for a Head of Portfolio & Programme Delivery to both lead and drive the change portfolio of a leading social enterprise that will help change the business for the better and make a positive difference to vulnerable people. As a specialist provider of resource to the Property and Technology markets, we are delighted to be partnering with a leading provider of care and shelter offering you the opportunity to make a difference and help create a modern digital environment within a company that is investing and developing both itself and its staff.
The purpose of the role is to drive the delivery of the transformation portfolio, provide strong leadership and ensure effective governance in effectively delivering programmes and projects to strategy. Your day-to-day tasks will include collaborating with key stakeholder to develop and approve robust business cases for transformation; lead portfolio sequencing and resource planning; build and lead an exceptionally capable programme and project team; drive the efficient delivery of the overall portfolio plan; lead and deliver effective governance; risk management and governance; deliver strong third party supplier management and overall organisation of the supply chain; and provide effective stakeholder management throughout.
- Previous experience leading a Portfolio & Programme team
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery of multiple, complex programmes and projects (Circa 30 active projects at any one time).
- Experience spanning business transformation/change and IT, with a technical appreciation for application and infrastructure IT projects.
- Excellent third-party supplier management, contract management and the design of commissioning services from third parties.
- A positive approach with the ability to lead, manage, develop, engage, influence, and build relationships.
- Professional qualifications in Programme or Project Management, such as APMP, MSP, Prince2 Practitioner, or similar.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of DevOps tools & cloud computing
- Proficient in use of delivery and collaboration tools (DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Teams, Skype)
- Further certification, such as Risk Management Practitioner, Scrum Master
As an individual you will have experience in both matrix management and line management of cross functional teams with effective and strong leaderships and interpersonal skills. You will a great communicator and leader, collaborative in approach, engaging with a positive attitude. Alongside a competitive salary you will receive an impressive benefits package that includes generous leave entitlement, health cover, professional development, and qualification support. This role will be at hybrid between an office in Greater Manchester and home based – but predominantly at home. If this role describes you and you would like to opportunity to help shape a business then please apply without delay for the opportunity to continue your career with a friendly, driven, customer focused organisation that makes a difference.
Share job post