Based: London, UK
Do you have experience with cloud-based software? Would you like the opportunity to build your IT career? Let Informed Recruitment help you to achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Support Officer & Tester with an opportunity to grow your existing skills and make a difference as part of a small team. As a specialist provider of resource to the Housing, Property & Associated Technology markets, we are delighted to be partnering with a social enterprise offering you the opportunity to gain experience and training as part of unique organisation making a difference to vulnerable people. Whilst offered initially as a 1-year fixed term salaried contract, there is the opportunity to covert the role into a permanent contract and plot a career path in the direction of your choice – options include Technical Engineering, Project Management, Software Development, Product management, Testing and Service Delivery.
The purpose of the role will be to provide support to Technical Project Managers by maintaining project documentation, performing testing on newly released software, and testing bug fixes. Your day-to-day duties will include testing software changes and releases; supporting project manages as needed, supporting automated testing, project support of the release management process to include arranging webinars and meetings, and the maintenance of project documentation such as test scripts, training material, system guides and release notes.
- A good understanding of IT, the Internet and web-based/cloud/SaaS software, either as an experience user or in an IT Support capacity.
- You will have a logical mindset and approach to problem solving, eager to test, replicate, eliminate and diagnose issues.
- A willingness and eagerness to learn new processes and systems through practical application.
- MS Office competency including Word & Excel
- An ability to build positive business relationships internally and externally.
Nice to Have
- Collaboration tools (Such as MS Project, JIRA, etc)
- Experience in data transfer formats (e.g. .csv files or XML)
- Testing, user acceptance testing, assisting in the creation and use of automated test scripts, or bug fixing experience
- Experience of working within Social Housing, understanding housing business processes and/or software applications.
- Experience of project support, coordination, or administration.
- Any relevant certification such as Prince2 Foundation, BCS, ISTQB, etc.
As an individual you will be eager to learn, acquire and apply knowledge. You will have attention to detail and a logical approach to fault investigation, whilst displaying excellent organisational and communication skills. You will be customer focussed, and able to build relationship both internally and externally. The role will be home based to start with odd days in the office and you will need a flexible approach to travel when the wider world opens. If this role describes you, then please apply without delay for the opportunity to build your career your career with a driven yet friendly organisation continually looking to provide a better service to customers.
Share job post