Based: Hybrid - Home/West Midlands
Are you an exceptional Lead Surveying professional that is technically skilled, data literate and commercially aware? Would the opportunity to utilise your skills in a different manner with a career in housing & management consultancy appeal to you? Let Informed Recruitment help you achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for a Head of Building Surveying to provide consultancy services to a range of customers as part of a growing housing technical asset management services consultancy.
The objective of the role will be to work with an experienced property assets team to deliver a wide range of progressive project work whilst helping to expand the business. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting Asset Management and Building related consultancy assignments; managing and expanding housing stock condition surveying workstreams; building surveys; energy performance reviews; asset option appraisals; project costing and analysis; assisting with technical specifications; delivering facilities management services in property management; enhancing Building Information Management [BIM] utilising data and more advanced surveying techniques to provide greater client insight; decarbonisation services; leading, recruiting, and deploying a team of building surveyors; and acting as a key conduit between the strategic asset management and building surveying teams.
- An exceptional track record in Surveying, with commercial experience of undertaking housing stock condition surveys.
- Experience of managing or leading surveyors
- Practical knowledge of Building Regulations, Fire & Building Safety, Building Elements, Architypes & Pathology.
- Experience and understanding of SAP and Energy Performance of domestic dwellings.
- Experience of Decent Homes standards and their application, as well as a detailed knowledge of legislation and up-to-date practices in relation to the repair, maintenance, and development of residential buildings.
- Good knowledge of stock surveying data and software applications
- The ability to work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders.
- An ability to write reports, problem-solve and respond in a changing and demanding environment.
- MS Office 365 and Excel.
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites.
Nice to Have
- A commercial awareness of stock option appraisals, and stock condition survey prices, costs, productivity statistics and quality control
- Experience managing survey business processes.
- Experience of any of the following – Retrofit; PAS 2023 standards; HHSRS; Homes Act 2018; Building Safety; Fire Risk Assessment; S.20 notifications; DDA Audits; or GDPR regulations.
- Qualified Domestic Energy Assessor
- A relevant subject matter degree, HNC, or certification(s).
As an individual you will be an excellent communicator, adept at liaising at all levels with a variety of stakeholders. You will also be highly analytical with a keen eye for problem solving and meticulous record keeping. This role is hybrid based, with time spent based in an office in the West Midlands, home working and travel to customer sites – and so a driving license is required for this post and costs will be catered for. This is an exciting time to join the organisation and your contribution will certainly be felt, in return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package with a generous holiday allowance. Interview slots are available, so please apply without delay.
Share job post