Based: West Midlands
Are you an experienced Supply Chain management professional with experience of buying frameworks, contracts, and procurement? Do you have further extensive experience of public sector procurement and purchasing, specifically in relation to materials and labour? If this describes you, then let Informed Recruitment help you achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager. As a specialist provider of resource to the Housing & Property Technology markets, we are partnering with a Social Enterprise undertaking an exciting expansion and looking to bolster their services to customers.
The objective of the role will be to manage a materials and labour supply chain focused on social housing asset management solutions covering planned investment, responsive repairs, new development, building safety and the direct buying, purchase and procurement of materials and labour. Day-to-day activities will include the management of relationships within the supply chain, category management, supplier reviews, operational support, reporting, the identification of new opportunities and pricing structures, maintenance of schedules of rates and price catalogues, delivery of best value, and attending trade events and exhibitions.
- A demonstrable track record in Supply Chain Management, Buying &/or Procurement
- Experience of housing asset management solutions covering planned investment, responsive repairs, new development, building safety and the direct buying, purchase and procurement of materials and labour.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of performance and category management.
- An ability to problem-solve and respond in a changing and demanding environment.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion and cover other operational areas for colleagues.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working for Housing Repairs & Maintenance contractors or building merchants.
As an individual you will be an excellent communicator, adept at liaising at all levels with a variety of stakeholders. You will also be highly analytical with a keen eye for problem solving and meticulous record keeping. This role is home based, and post-Covid will be based in an office in the West Midlands with ad hoc travel – and so a driving license is required for this post and costs will be catered for. This is an exciting time to join the organisation and your contribution will certainly be felt, in return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package with a generous holiday allowance. Interview slots are available, so please apply without delay.
Share job post