Based: Home Based/Kent/Greater London
Are you an experienced 3rd Line Support Engineer? Do you have experience of hands-on management or Team Leading in a Windows, VMware, Citrix, and SQL environment? Let Informed Recruitment help you to achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Lead role to provide cover during an extended period of absence at on organisation undergoing modernisation and undertaking several projects. As a specialist provider of resource to the Property and Technology markets, we are delighted to be partnering with a social enterprise offering you the opportunity to make a difference and gain experience as part of that modernisation programme in a six month fixed term salaried contract.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the overall technical architecture and ensure availability & efficiency of systems and ensuring positive outcomes for customers. Your day-to-day duties will include 3rd line support and issue resolution, providing line management to one report, supporting technical strategy in collaboration with the IT leadership team, delivering outstanding customer service, analysing technical issues and translating them into technical designs for solutions, operating as the technical escalation point from the service desk support team for third line issues, managing third party suppliers for technical solutions as well as security and software updates, overseeing configuration and procurement, projects – including a data centre colocation project – and technical documentation.
- A commercial track record of Infrastructure Management or Team Lead experience
- Wintel technology experience covering Windows 10, Server, Office365, Active Directory
- VMware hosts
- Citrix desktop
- SQL Server
- General networking skills
- Being able to build effective relationships internally and with 3rd party suppliers whilst you manage engagement.
- Ability to create and maintain technical support and project documentation.
Nice to Have, But Not Essential
- A willingness and desire to learn information systems and architecture.
- Telephony experience
- Remote device management
- Data Centre
- Azure or wider cloud computing experience with associated security management
- IT Qualification or comparable relevant experience (MCSE, MCSA, VCP, CCA, CCP, or similar)
- Service Delivery Management, ITIL process delivery and/or ITIL certification
- Project management experience or relevant qualification (PRINCE2, PMP, or similar)
- Line management experience
As an individual you will have experience in line management, a positive outlook, and the ability to motivate diverse teams to achieve common goals. You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, whilst being creative and tenacious problem solver with the ability to prioritise competing commitments. This contract will be hybrid in approach and split between home and the office in Kent/Greater London and offered a competitive salary and great benefits package that includes generous holiday entitlement. If this role describes you then please apply without delay for the opportunity to progress your career with a friendly, customer focused organisation embarking on an exciting programme of transformation.
Share job post