1. Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Informed Recruitment Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Client or Hirer||mean any hiring organisation to which we offer and/or provide recruitment, resourcing and/or consultancy services;|
|Client Contact||means a hiring manager or procurer/recipient of consultancy services at a Client|
|Consultant||means a person whose services are supplied via Informed Recruitment to work on temporary assignment with a hirer, or, in the case of a consultancy supply, any consultant assigned by the relevant consultancy to work on the consultancy services.|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Informed Recruitment Limited,
we or us
|Informed Recruitment Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12080955 whose registered office is at 2 King Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 2AS;|
|Jobseeker||means a potential or actual jobseeker or candidate for a role with a client|
|Services||The course of us providing permanent and/or temporary recruitment and resourcing services; and/or consultancy services or services involving the subcontracting of statements of work, to you;|
|Site||Our website – https://www.informedrecruitment.com|
|UK & EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User, your or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Informed Recruitment Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Informed Recruitment Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; or|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.informedrecruitment.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We respect your right to privacy. Our overall aim is to ensure that our collection and use of personal information is appropriate to the provision of services to you and is in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Informed Recruitment Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Informed Recruitment Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- Informed Recruitment provide recruitment and consultancy services to jobseekers and consultants to help them find roles, specialising in the fields of technology, digital and transformation. We do this through assessing and matching people with potential opportunities.
- The way in which we collect your data will depend on how it comes into our organisation. This will be;
- as a result of you registering with us via our Site; or
- as a result of you responding to an advertisement posted by us on a job board, online CV database or via social media; or
- as a result of us matching your CV, as uploaded by you onto a job board, online CV library or a social media site, to a vacancy we are seeking to fill for one of our clients; or
- as a result of a personal recommendation; or
- from a company website; or
- from your business card; or
- in the course of us providing Services.
- It does not cover any use of your personal information by:
- an actual or potential employer or hirer;
- an umbrella company; or
3. Data collected
- Jobseekers and Consultants: Informed Recruitment aims to collect the minimum data it needs to perform its role. Typically, this is name, address, job title and contact details. In addition, if you are a jobseeker or consultant being considered for a role it will also include your CV / resume as well as other details about your skills and experience. When:
- you access and browse the Site (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the Site); or
- you respond to an advert posted by us whether via a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site; or
- we download details uploaded by you onto a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site in relation to a vacancy we are seeking to fill for one of our clients; or
- we download details uploaded by you onto a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site in connection with our internal market research; or
- you contact us by phone, email or otherwise; or
- we provide Services to you or to an actual or a potential hirer of your services; or
- we contact you with a view to providing Services to you; or
- we provide on-boarding services to a hirer of your services,
4. We will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- phone and e-mail details;
- your bank details
- a copy of your passport details including your passport photograph;
- your current and previous employment/work details, including job title and employer;
- any professional certifications relevant to the role you seek to work in, education and qualifications, skills, career history, salary/fee range, right to work status, citizenship, and any other information relevant or required by law to enable us to provide the Services;
- any other information which you include in your CV or a completed application form;
- any information which has been published or made available on a social media profile or job board (whether by you or a third party), or in any news media;
- details of your umbrella company or personal service company;
- the contract for services we hold with your umbrella company or personal service company relating to the work you do or will do for our client, including timesheet data and charge rates relating to the work you perform under that contract;
- details of your referees and emergency contacts;
- references from third parties such as previous employers and nominated referees;
- the results of pre-employment screening or vetting checks which we are asked or required to undertake in relation to you (including the results of any Disclosure and Barring checks and any information you provide relating to current and/or spent criminal convictions carried out on behalf of the client during the on boarding process);
- any email communications, including attachments, which you send to us;
- the results of any right to work checks we are required to carry out by our client.
- You can update your CV or personal data at any time by forwarding a copy to [email protected].
- Referees and emergency contacts: We collect basic contact details (such as name, title, address, email and telephone number) so that we can contact you for a reference or as an emergency contact for one of our jobseekers/consultants.
- Client contacts: We need to collect information about you as an essential part of providing our Services when:
- we contact you with a view to providing Services to you; or
- you email us expressing an interest in working with us;
- you provide us with your business card or other information provided to us, given to our employees at sales and marketing events;
- you post information or advertisements on job boards or social media websites;
- we provide Services to you as an actual or a potential hirer of your services; or
- we complete contractual documentation relevant to the Services,
5. We will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- your name;
- your postal address;
- your phone and e-mail details;
- details of your role, title and responsibilities within your organisation;
- any opinion or feedback you share with us regarding a jobseeker or consultant;
- details of any queries you raise with us regarding the Services;
- details of any recruitment, resourcing or consultancy requirements or plans you share with us.
- At sometimes we regard you as a jobseeker and at sometimes as a client. Where this is the case please read the sections below relating to jobseekers and client contacts and how we will use your personal information.
6. How we collect Data and our lawful basis for processing your personal data
- Jobseekers and consultants. We collect, store and use information that we obtain in relation to you for our legitimate interests:
- so that we can contact you (via email, SMS or phone) about opportunities and assignments that we believe you will be interested in;
- to help us to provide suitable jobseekers and consultants for our clients who engage us to assist them fulfil their recruitment and resourcing requirements;
- to provide a channel through which you can submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts;
- to match your details with vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your information to clients for potential jobs. Please note that we will always obtain verbal or written consent before presenting your personal details to a client;
- to enter into contracts which are necessary in order for your service to be supplied or made available to a hirer;
- to provide recruitment-related support;
- to carry out market research for our internal use;
- to develop an industry-relevant database of jobseekers and clients to help meet our clients’ resourcing requirements and connect jobseekers with work opportunities;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- to carry out services that we, you or our client have requested including work-related references, qualifications and criminal references checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests;
- to inform you of Informed Recruitment networking and other career-development related events.
- This storage and use of your personal information allows you to be contacted about roles which we think will be of interest to you, now or in the future, and we do not believe that this storage and use will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
- We will store and use your personal information in order to comply with relevant legal obligations to which Informed Recruitment is subject, including carrying out:
- verification of your identity to comply with The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003;
- right to work checks to comply with relevant immigration legislation;
- Where you are successful in securing temporary assignment or consultancy work with one of our clients we will store and use your personal information for the purposes of completing and administering contracts with your chosen personal service company, umbrella company or consultancy company and for processing payment to such company in respect of services you (or your consultancy) have performed for our client. Such processing will be for our legitimate interests so that we can provide Services to you and our client. We do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
- Such processing will also be necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party (i.e. your contract with the company with whom you work to provide assignment/consultancy services) and/or in order to take steps prior to you entering into such contract, including contracts we enter into with the client relating to the provision of your services or consultancy services.
- If our client requires us to collect, store and use your health data and/or any Disclosure and Baring Checks we will, on our client’s behalf, seek your consent to processing such data. You can withdraw your consent at any stage but this may prevent us from being able to deliver our recruitment services to you.
- Client contacts and other third parties involved in the supply of resourcing services (e.g. umbrella companies and personal service companies), we collect, store and use your name and contact details for our legitimate interests, so that we can:
- send you the details of jobseekers and consultants and contact you about our Services; and
- maintain our business relationship with you.
- This allows you to be contacted to receive and administer any Services which you or your organisation has requested.
- In the case of contacts at umbrella companies and personal service companies this allows you to be contacted to receive details of current and future assignments, related timesheet data and payment details.
- We do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
- All users of the Site and our Services. We collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make the Site available to you; and
- to provide any Services that you request.
- Sometimes, our use of your personal information is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the Site and then Services, or which are desirable in order to make them to operate more effectively. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling your personal information, and do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms. The relevant circumstances are:
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- keeping our Site, apps, products and IT systems secure;
- ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analysing and enhancing the information that we collect;
- determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- In some, relatively limited, circumstances we need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations. For example, if we:
- are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies;
- need to demonstrate our compliance with applicable law;
- are subject to any enquiry from the Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate or HMRC.
7. Data that is collected automatically or anonymously
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
8. How we share Data
- We will disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Service and Site usage information: When we share anonymous information generated by our Services with our clients. For example: average jobseeker salary for a specific skill set over the last 12 months.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you have regarding your personal information. If we disclose personal data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it, we will ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Recruitment, resourcing and consultancy services: When we are using your personal information in the context of our recruitment, resourcing or consultancy services, then we will share your personal information with clients where we believe that you or your consultancy services will be appropriate for a particular role or vacancy with that client.
- Umbrella companies, personal service companies consultancy companies: When you inform us that you are supplying or intend to supply your services via Informed Recruitment to a client through an umbrella company, personal service company or consultancy company. Where personal information is shared with clients, hirers, umbrella companies, personal services companies or managed service providers in the circumstances described above, then those organisations will handle your personal information in line with their own privacy policies.
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing and Managed Service Providers: In certain cases, there an organisation such as a managed service provider will act as a gateway for the supply of Services made via Informed Recruitment to the hirer. Where this is the case, we will share your information with such organisations to the extent that it is necessary for the purposes of the supply.
9. Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: [email protected].
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
10. Data retention
- We will delete it after that time except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
11. Links to other websites
12. Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Informed Recruitment Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently remembering your preferences, and generally improve your web site experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like register for job alerts, cannot be provided. Please be aware our site uses this type of cookie|
|Analytical/performance cookies||These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.|
|Functionality cookies||These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username and password) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
14. Social Media
- If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
- In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
15. Google Analytics
- Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
17. Your rights
- Informed Recruitment tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, unsubscribe from job alerts or marketing material, withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), or just contact us to discuss any related matter then please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected]. We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law).
- Please note, however, that certain personal information will be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
18. Marketing/Subscription Emails
- Our Site operates a marketing/subscription-based email system, used to inform subscribers about information supplied by our Site. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions will be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
- Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the GDPR.
- Informed Recruitment also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. Those legitimate interests include providing you with information on our services and events. Please see the section on ‘Your Interest’ for more information.
19. Your Interests
- When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.